Extraction of Kapura Tulasi(Ocimum kilimandscharicum) leaves: Phytochemical studies and Anti- diabetic activity of the Ethanolic Extracts
The leaves of Ocimum kilimandscharicum (privately known as Kapura Tulasi) have for some time been being used in the indian arrangement of medication for its enemy of diabetic properies.Could be a short herb, nearby to india it is used to treat various afflictions checking colds, hacks,stomach torments,measles and the runs.ocimum kilimandscharicum, has a spot to family lamiaceae .The current work , meant to assess in vitro enemy of diabetic action. Against diabetic appraisal was done by the boundaries, for example, glucose take-up by yeast cells, estimation of hemoglobin glycosylation, extricate impact at physiological glucose fixation. The standard medication utilized was Metronidazole and gallic corrosive. It indicated that EEOK in portion of 250µg/ml demonstrated high level of glucose take-up and hindered the hemoglobin glycosylation by expanding the grouping of hemoglobin. It additionally showed the hindrance of hemoglobin glycosylation at various physiological convergences of the glucose where the concentrate diminishes the development of the glucose-hemoglobin complex and in this manner measure of free hemoglobin increments. In view of the outcomes, it has been demonstrated that the EEOK displayed hostile to diabetic movement.
3. Thaibinh ton thot. Herbal medicine. Ind. J. pharma. Edu, 1998; 32(2), 104-106.
4. Anonymous. Wealth of India: A dictionary of Indian raw materials and industrial products. New Delhi: CSIR, 1966; Vol-VII: 85.
5. Kashyap CP, Kaur R, Arya V, Kumar. Therapeutic Potency of Ocimum kilimandscharicum Guerke – A Review. Global Journal of Pharmacology, 2011; 5(3): 191-200.
6. Pullaiah T. Encyclopaedia of world medicinal plants. Regency, Vol-3. p. 1424.
7. Khare CP. Indian Medicinal Plants: An Illustrated Dictionary. Springer, p. 445; 2007.
8. Lowman MS, Kelly JW. Camphor from Camphor Basil (Ocimum kilimandscbaricumGuerke). J Am Pharm Assoc., 1945; 34(6): 153-62.
9. Verma S, Kothiyal P. Pharmacological activities of different species of Tulsi. IJBPR. 2012; 1(1): 21-39.
10. Paton A. A Synopsis of Ocimum L. (Labiatae) in Africa. Kew Bulletin. 1992; 47(3): 403-35.
11. AnandAnkurKumar,ManindraMohan,S. ZafarHaider, Akash Sharma. Essential oil composition and antimicrobial activity of three Ocimum species from uttarakhand (india). International journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences, 2011; 3: 223-225.
12. Eliningaya J. Kweka1, Hassan M. Nkya, Lucile Lyaruu, Epiphania E. Kimaro, Beda J. Mwang’onde,Aneth M. Mahande. Efficacy of Ocimum kilimandscharicum plant extracts after four years of storage against Anopheles gambiaess. Journal of Cell and Animal Biology, 2009; 3: 171-174.
13. Paschapur MS, Patil MB, Kumar R, Patil SR. Evaluation of aqueous extract of leaves of Ocimum kilimandscharicum on wound healing activity in albino wistar rats. IJPRIF. 2009; 1(3): 544-50.
14. Dolly G, Nidhi S, Bps S, Shweta R, Shikha A. Ocimum kilimandscharicum: A systematic review. JDDT. 2012; 2(3): 45-52.
15. Samuel lallianrawna, R. Muthukumaran, determination of total phenolic content, total flavanoid content and total antioxidant capacity of ageratinaadenophora(spreng.) king and H .Rob, Sci Vis Vol 13 issue no 4 oct - dec 2013.
16. shweta yadav and padma kumar, production, isolation and identification of flavonoids from aerial parts of hiptagebenghalensis, internatonal journal of life science and pharma research, Vol 2/Issue 3/Jul-Sept 2012.
17. BharathiSambandam, AyyaswamyArivarasan, Extraction and isolation of flavonoid quercetin from the leaves of Trigonellafoenum-graecum and their anti-oxidant activity, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 8, Issue 6, 2016.
18. VP Cirillo. Sugar transport in a psychrophilic yeast. J Bacteriol, 1963; 84: 485–491.
19. Adisa, R. A.; Oke, J.; Olomu, S. A. &Olorunsogo, O. Inhibition of human haemoglobin glycosylation by flavonoid containing leaf extract of Cnestisferruginea. Journal of the Cameroon Academy of Sciences, 2004; 4: 351-359.
20. Paton A. A Synopsis of Ocimum L. (Labiatae) in Africa. Kew Bulletin. 1992; 47(3): 403-35.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Copyright © Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Lahari.Sidde, Motte.Sushma, Bandi.Jayanthi, PHYTOCHEMICAL AND IN-VITRO PHARMACOLOGICAL SCREENING OF OCIMUM KILIMANDSCHARICUM EXTRACT , World Journal of Current Medical and Pharmaceutical Research: Volume-2, Issue-3, 2020 (May-June)