case report on metronidazole induced rash
Metronidazole is a synthetic nitroimidazole. It acts by disruption of DNA and inhibition of nucleic acid synthesis. Hypersensitivity reactions, including urticaria, pruritus, erythematous rash, and flushing have been reported; however, the frequency of reactions is not known. This is a case report of 7 year old female Child patient who was admitted in paediatric ward in King George Hospital, Visakhapatnam with a chief complaint of fever with vomiting and loose stools since 7 days. On the 2nd day of her treatment, she developed rashes and facial flushing associated with redness of face. Metronidazole was stopped after 3 days of appearance of these complaints so we suspect that it is a condition of metronidazole induced rash. Physician must suspect if such reactions occur during the treatment with metronidazole and must cautiously evaluate such drug-associated rashes.
2) Metronidazole hypersensitivity and oral desensitization by
Margaret L. Kurohara, MD, Frank K. Kwong, MD, Thomas B. Lebherz, MD, and William B. Klaustermeyer, MD Los Angeles, Calif.
3) Dr.Prashant Wadagbalkar et al. / International Journal of Pharma Sciences and Research (IJPSR), ISSN : 0975-9492 Vol 6 No 02 Feb 2015, METRONIDAZOLE INDUCED
MACULOPAPULAR RASHES: CASEREPORT
4) International Journal of Science and Healthcare Research Vol.4; Issue: 2; April-June 2019 Website: www.ijshr.com Case Report ISSN: 2455-7587 Ceftriaxone Induced Rash Dermatitis: A Case Report Vageeshwari Devuni CMR College Of Pharmacy, Kandlakoya, Medchal road, Hyderabad.
5) METRONIDAZOLE INDUCED MACULOPAPULAR RASHES: CASE REPORT BY Dr.Prashant Wadagbalkar et al. / International Journal of Pharma Sciences and Research (IJPSR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Copyright © Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Dr.Allu Hari Krishna, Upajna vamaraju, K.Mahesh Pavan, B.Navya Deepika, A CASE REPORT ON CEFTRIAXONE INDUCED MACULOPAPULAR RASH , World Journal of Current Medical and Pharmaceutical Research: Volume-2, Issue-2, 2020 (March-April)