A Review on Pharmacological Activities of Alkaloids
Alkaloids are a category of molecules in nature around the globe with a relatively large occurrence. These are chemicals and biomolecules that are very complex. Alkaloids are compounds of a very diverse class of secondary plant metabolites; alkaloids, such as anticholinergics, antitumor, diuretic, antiviral, antihypertensive, antiulcer, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory, have been linked to the extensive list of biological activities. The basic character of alkaloids allows salts to be formed with mineral acids or organic acids, alkaloid salts are usually soluble in water and dilute alcohols, and are not soluble in organic solvents except in rare cases. This research is carried out mainly in the context and classification of alkaloids and alkaloids pharmacological practices.
2. Michael Wink. Functions and biotechnology of plant secontary metabolites. Introduction, Chapter 1. Ann Plant Rev 2010;39:1-20.
3. Michael Wink. Biochemistry, physiology and ecological function of secondary metabolites. Chapter 1, Introduction. Wiley-Blackwell Ann Plant Rev b(40): 1-19.2010.
4. Kaisa A Salminen, Achim Meyer, Lenka Jerabkova. Inhibition of human drug metabolizing cytochrome P450 enzymes by plant isoquinoline alkaloids. Phytomedecine 2011; 18:533-538.
5. Sarah O’Connor. Alkaloids in comprehensive natural products IIL. Mander, H-W. Lui, Eds. Elsevier. Oxford 2010; 1: 977-1007.
6. Jean Bruneton. Pharmacognosy, phytochemistry, medicinal plants. Lavoisier, 2nd Edition; 1136.1999.
7. Noureddine Bribi, Messaoud Belmouhoub, Fadila Maiza. Analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities of ethanolic extract of fumaria capreolata. Phytothérapie 2017; 15(4): 211-216.
8. Maria Contreras, Noureddine Bribi, Anna Gomez-Caravaca. Alkaloids profiling of fumaria capreolata by analytical platforms based on the hyphenation of gas chromatography and liquid chromatography with quadrupole-time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Int J of Anal Chem 2017; 5: 1-16.
9. Ma Weina, Zhu Man, Zhang Dongdong. Berberine inhibits the proliferation and migration of breast cancer ZR-75-30 cells by targeting Ephrin-B2. Phytomedicine 2017; 25: 45-51.
10. Feng Zuo, Norio Nakamura, Teruaki Akao. Pharmacokinetics of berberine and its main metabolites in conventional and pseudo germ-free rats determined by liquid chromatography/ion trap mass spectrometry. Drug Metab Dispos 2006;34:2064–2072.
11. C.-W. Yang, W.-L. Chen, P.-L. Wu, H.-Y. Tseng, and S.-J. Lee. Anti-inflammatory mechanisms of phenanthroindolizidine alkaloids. Molecular Pharmacology 2006; 69(3): 749-758.
12. C. R. Pradeep and G. Kuttan. Piperine is a potent inhibitor ofnuclear factor-