Case report of drug induce erythroderma in diabetic patient
Erythroderma, a severe form of skin reddening, is often difficult to diagnose and is usually caused by underlying inflammatory skin conditions. In this case report, we present the management of a patient diagnosed with drug-induced erythroderma. The patient developed generalized redness and scaling 21 days after receiving an unknown injection for pain from a local pharmacy. A thorough history and clinical examination were conducted, and drug-induced erythroderma was suspected. The patient was treated with a combination of mid-potency corticosteroids, liquid paraffin, recombinant human epidermal growth factor, and oral antihistamines. The patient recovered after strict diabetic diet control and was discharged
2. Maryam Akhyani, Zahra S Ghodsi, [...], and Hossein Dabbaghian. BMC Dermatol. 2005; 5: 5. (Erythroderma: A clinical study of 97 cases)
3. Yashika Garg, Rajeshwari Gore, [...], and Arun Kumar. Indian J Pharmacol. 2015 Nov-Dec; 47(6): 682–684.A rare case of isoniazid-induced erythroderma
4. Anjaly Mary Varghese a, Nagavishnu Kandra a, Praveen Kumar Uppala b, Yakaiah Vangoori a, Lavanya Butti c, Swapna Masapogu d, Upendrarao Uttaravalli e, Venkata Saibaba Somarouthu f, Murali Krishna Balijepalli.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijtb.2022.08.001
5. ATT (ANTI TUBERCULOSIS TREATMENT) INDUCED ERYTHRODERMA. VageeshwariDevuni Pharm.D. IJSDR.
6. Breath Mach SM, Drug Reactions, In: Burns T, Breathnach S, Cox N, Griffiths C, editors. Room’s Textbook of Dermatology. 8th Ed. United Kingdom: Wiley-Blackwell; 2010.pp. 46-7.
7. Tan WC, Ong CK, Lang SC, et al. Two years review of cutaneous adverse drug reactions from first line antituberculous drugs. Med J Malaysia 2007; 62(2): 143-6.
8. Bharatiya PR, Josh PB. Study of exfoliative dermatitis. Indian J Dermatol General Leprol. 1995;61:81-3.
9. Breathnach SM, Drug Reactions. In: Burns T, Breathnach S, Cox N, Griffiths C, editors. Room’s Textbook of Dermatology. 8 th Ed. United Kingdom: Wiley-Blackwell;2010.pp. 46-7.
10. Wilson DC, Jester JD, King LE Jr. Erythroderma and exfoliative dermatitis. Clin Dermatol. 1993;11(1):67-72.  Hold DH. Folate Losses from the skin in exfoliative dermatitis. Arch Intern Med.1969;123(1):51-7.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.