Ethno-medicinal plant species used for animal and insect bite (sting) of vijayapur(bijapur) district of karnataka, India
An ethnomedicinal plant species survey of the Vijayapur district of Karnataka comprising thirteen talukas was conducted from March 2018 to July 2021. The purpose of this survey was to document the Ethnomedicinal plant species used for animal and insect bites. The present study was initiated with an aim to identify Ethno-medicinal plant species resources from traditional practitioners of the Vijayapur district. There are about 21 plant species of angiosperms belonging to 20 genera and 15 families were found to be used as animal and insect bites.
2. Gamble J.S. and Fischer C.E.C, Flora of the Presidency of Madras, (1984), Vol. I-III, BSI.
3. Hiremath V.T. and Taranath T.C. Traditional Phytotherapy for Snake bites by Tribes of Chitradurga District, Karnataka, India. Ethnobotanical Leaflets 14:120-25.2010.
4. K Aadhan , SP Anand . Traditional herbal medicines for the treatment of snake bite and scorpion sting by the Paliyar’s tribes of Sathuragiri hills. Journal of Medicinal Plants Studies 2017; 5(2): 01-05.
5. Laddimath Arati, Ethno-veterinary medicinal plant species of Vijayapur (Bijapur) district of Karnataka, Indian Journal of Medicinal Plants Studies 2019; 7(6): 06-09.
6. Lakshmana, Sreenath K.P. Phyto-antidotes of tumkur district, karnataka, india. Global Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Health Sciences. 2014;Vol.3(4):122-130.
7. Prabhu M. Kumuthakalavalli R. Folk remedies of medicinal plants for snake, scorpion stings and bites in Eastern Ghats of Kolli Hills, Tamil Nadu, India. Prabhu M et al/IJRAP 2012; 3(5): 696-700.
8. Seetharam Y.N., Kotresha K. and Uplaonkar S.B. Flora of Gulbarga district, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga. (2000).
9. Sumedh M Vaidya, Amar R Singh, Vraj G Patel, Nilofar A Khan, Rupali P Yewale and Dr. Mohan K Kale. A review on herbs against snake venom. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2018; SP6: 05-09.
10. Tukaram D. Kamble and M. M. Sardesai. Lesser Known Ethnomedicinal Plants of Hingoli District, Maharashtra, India. International Journal of Ethnobiology & Ethnomedicine. 2014; Volume: 1; Issue: 1 Article ID: EBM14 09; Pages: 1-4.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.